Webster Griffin Tarpley
Webster Griffin Tarpley was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts in 1946. In 1966 he graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He was a Fulbright scholar at the University of Turin, Italy. He later taught English at Cornell University and the University of Milan, Italy.
From 1974 to 1984, he was a correspondent in central Europe, during which time he co-authored Chi ha ucciso Aldo Moro (Who Killed Aldo Moro, 1978) a study of international terrorism. In 1979-80, he appeared as commentator for Teleradiosole, a television station in Rome. From 1984 to 1996, he was a correspondent in Washington DC.
Tarpley is the co-author of George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography (1992), which has sold 30,000 copies and remains the only critical biography of the former President. In 1997 he published an anthology entitled Against Oligarchy: Essays and Speeches 1970-1996. These books can be consulted on the internet at www.tarpley.net. His 9/11 Synthetic Terror, the Bible of the 9/11 Truth Movement, has sold over 20,000 copies. His two books on Obama are virtually the only critical ones in print from a progressive viewpoint.
Tarpley has lectured in numerous colleges and universities around the world. In 1995 he was named a consultant to the Universal Ecological Academy of Moscow. He holds an MA from Skidmore College and a Ph.D. in history from the Catholic University of America. He can be reached by mail at PO Box 1486, Washington Grove, Maryland 20880-1486 USA.
Webster Tarpley's talk show World Crisis Radio is now broadcast on the Genesis World Report on GCNLive Free Internet Streaming Radio, Saturdays, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Eastern (1-3 Central, 11-1 Pacific), all 4 networks. Now available on demand until next show.
Webster is also a frequent contributor on the Russia Today television channel, the midday news on KPFK-Pacifica Radio Los Angeles, as well as a weekly guest on Chris Condon's "Counter Intel" program on KPFK, Sundays 9-10 a.m.
Webster Tarpley is also on the Jeff Rense show the first or second Wednesday of every month on GCNLive.com, Network 3.
He is also frequently on the Alex Jones show , Dr Bill Deagle's Nutrimedical Report, and Paula Gloria's "Farther Down the Rabbit Hole" on MNN-TV, the Manhattan Neighborhood Network.
See also actindependent.org for Tarpley's latest activist actions, and his newly redesigned website.
- Gorsuch Nomination Vulnerable to Democratic Filibuster; Nominee’s Evasiveness on Constitutional Issues Generates Pushback
- Trump-Ryan Attack on Obamacare, Medicaid, and Medicare Repulsed Without a Vote as GOP Ultra-Reactionaries and Moderates Revolt
- Obamacare’s Ten Essential Health Benefits Junked in Desperate Bid for Votes of Reactionary Freedom Caucus
- Rep. Nunes of House Intelligence Committee Muddies the Waters on Russiagate; White House’s Promised Tax Bonanza for Corporations and Wealthy in Danger as Ryancare Bill Lacks Votes to Pass Late Thursday; Tell Congress to Vote No
- GOP Factions Split as Thursday Vote on Ryancare Approaches; Even Trump’s Hard-Core Supporters Nervous About Obamacare Demolition